Artswork Essentials - Child Protection & Safeguarding
Friday 8 December 2017
Combining three essential courses for safe working practices when working with children and young people, the 'Artswork Essentials' package is jam packed with up to the minute legislative information, tools for inclusive practice and creative approaches to promoting wellbeing.
Child Protection & Safeguarding provides a full update on current child protection legislation, including the Disclosure and Barring service, the Duty to Refer and Working Together.
Prevent offers essential enhanced safeguarding training for anyone working in the arts and cultural sectors with children and young people. It includes a full update on the Prevent Duty and the part that you play in its delivery.
Equality & Diversity provides an overview of equality and diversity, including Arts Council England’s Creative Case for Diversity, and how it might affect you and the areas that you work in.
All staff working in the arts, cultural heritage, libraries or museums
Demonstrating commitment to core responsibilities when it comes to working with children and young people
You will gain:
- An update on current Child Protection legislation and the Prevent duty
- Information on the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), and how to handle disclosure
- Safe Touch – information on how child protection guidelines can be maintained within more physical art forms
- An understanding of Equality and Diversity issues, and how they may affect your work
- An understanding of Arts Council England’s Quality Principles, [which aim to raise the standard of work being produced with, for and by children and young people]
- Knowledge of inclusive environments that value the difference in people
- Creative approaches to promote wellbeing
- Confidence in fulfilling safeguarding responsibilities
Tools to develop an action plan for addressing Equality and Diversity in your work, and the activities you deliver
Courses in the Artswork Essentials package can also be booked individually.
Bursaries and subsidies available.