Assistant Drama Teachers, Light UP
Monday 6 August 2018
Light UP provides value for money, high quality drama lessons for local communities. Since Light UP began in November 2014, we have expanded year on year and now have over 250 students in classes from Emsworth to Chandler’s Ford and lots in between.
We are now recruiting for Assistant Teachers in the following locations due to increased class numbers.
Lessons we are looking to cover are as follows:
- Shirley, Wednesday, 4.30-5.30pm
- Dibden Purlieu, Wednesdays, 4.30-6.30pm
- Gosport, Thursdays, 4.30-7.30pm
- Abbotswood Romsey, Thursdays 4-6pm
Duties will include:
- Assisting in the teaching of drama lessons for 4-7 years, 7-11 years and 11-16 years
- Leading drama games and starter activities
- Helping to manage behaviour and involvement in classes
- Offering support, directing and guiding students in independent work
- Helping with other duties as required, such as taking the register, taking photos and so on.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a keen interest in drama and the performing arts
- Has some experience of working with children and young people
- Is reliable, committed and keen to progress with us
- Has an enhanced DBS check or is willing to get an enhanced DBS check
Payment is £5-8 per hour, depending on the experience and age of the candidate. To apply please send a CV and a short letter outlining your suitability for the role and why you would like to work with Light UP. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Light UP will provide full training, support and career progression opportunities.
- More details about us can be found on our website: www.lightupdrama.org.uk
- The deadline for applications is Monday 20th August
- Interviews: Will take place on 31st August.
- Job Type: Part-time - freelance contract.