Beyond Resistance: A training course for Facilitators in dealing with Resistance
Tuesday 13 November 2018
Want to practice and learn a variety of creative techniques in managing and dealing with resistance and disengagement in challenging settings?
· Want explanations, instructions and suggestions to help you develop and strengthen your facilitation in working with reluctant, awkward groups and individuals?
· Facilitating with challenging groups and individuals in closed settings?
· Need creative solutions to difficult groupwork?
Then try this highly practical hands-on course is particularly suited to facilitators and group leaders who want to acquaint themselves with the challenges involved in working with ‘hard’ groups within prisons, hospitals, probation centres, youth clubs, pupil referral units and holiday schemes. You will be able to experience, practise and learn a variety of techniques in managing and dealing with resistance and disengagement in challenging settings.
· The facilitator has to perform radical and innovative functions. It’s different from a theatre director, drama teacher, youth leader, a shaman, cultural activist, therapist or a joker, yet it borrows aspects of these roles.
· The facilitator needs to select the most appropriate games, exercises and techniques to bring out the best of the group, which means looking at the geographical, social and cultural context of the workshop session.
· The facilitator needs to know enough about participants’ situations to reasonably assess how they’re likely to respond to different stimuli.
· How does the facilitator deal with the challenges involved in working with ‘hard’ groups behind closed doors? What does a facilitator do? What are the nuts and bolts of facilitation?
London UK 16th November 10.00am – 5.00pm 2018