Birmingham, Women & Theatre - Vocal Tutor, Women of Longbridge
Monday 12 February 2018
Women & Theatre is an award-winning Birmingham theatre company with over 30 years’ experience of working with diverse groups, creating engaging theatre and using interactive drama to promote the wellbeing of the whole community. We work in a range of contexts across arts, health and education sectors with performances and projects delivered in community settings, hospitals, residential homes and theatres.
From April 2018 we will be working with community members in Longbridge, Birmingham to research, develop & rehearse a new piece of theatre, celebrating the role of women in Longbridge and their hopes for the future. As part of this project, we will be creating a short, accessible community song that can be performed by the cast, but also taught separately to community groups, enabling them to join in as the ‘chorus’ at performances.
We are looking for an experienced Vocal Tutor to rehearse our core cast of community performers, teach the song to local community groups, and direct performances.
- 4 singing workshops will take place in community settings in Longbridge w/c 28 May 2018 for the Vocal Tutor to teach the song to community groups
- 4 core cast rehearsals will take place during the evenings from w/c 28 May 2018 onwards (dates to be confirmed dependant on availability).
- A tech/dress rehearsal will take place on 22 June 2018
- The piece will be performed three times on Saturday 23 June 2018 at an outdoor venue in Longbridge.
- Fee: W&T pay daily rates of £180.00 for planning, meetings & delivery time
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV and covering letter explaining your interest by Monday 26 February to Rachel Snape, Project Manager, Women & Theatre, The Old Lodge, 50 Queenbridge Road, Moseley, B13