Enablers – West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire and The Humber
Monday 23 April 2018
Eclipse is the UK’s foremost Black-led national production company.
Slate is a Northern artist development programme that seeks to support over 1200 Black artists over three years. Led by Eclipse and delivered in partnership with 11 cultural organisations, the program is now in its second year of delivery.
Enablers are Black Arts Professionals tasked with the mission to facilitate and support the independent Black arts sector across the North.
So far, there have been workshop residentials, a series of Slate Socials, trips to international networking events, retreats and commissions across theatre, music, Virtual Reality and visual art.
Artists receive one to one support and advice, mentorship, bursaries, sharing and platforming opportunities – all as identified by the six Enablers who sit at the heart of Slate.
As an Enabler, you will:
- Cultivate and activate the Black arts sector in your identified region.
- Act as the main point of contact for the programme with independent artists.
- Represent Slate at key networking opportunities.
- Develop, deliver and grow the programme of opportunities so that they remain relevant to the needs of the artists you come into contact with.
- Consult with local artists and work with them to bring about real change within the sector.
Ultimately, we are looking for visible and influential leaders who care about Black culture, artists and making ambitious new work.
To Eclipse, Black includes anyone who is marginalised for their race or ethnicity.
To apply, please download the Job pack and Equal Opportunities form from our website here
Closing date: Monday 23rd April 2018, 5pm?
Interviews: 3rd or 4th May
Start Day: Ideally June 2018, but flexible.