Participation Programmer - G6 Part-time Fixed Term until 30/09/18
Tuesday 13 February 2018
The successful post holder will be responsible for developing creative participatory community projects with the aim of engaging with diverse communities, families, schools, young people and older people, giving them a voice at HAC. We are looking for a person who is self-motivated and organised, with excellent communication skills, a love of working with people and who can develop new audiences for the HAC programme. Flexibility in working hours is essential.
Supported by the Senior Programme Officer, the post holder will negotiate and manage external funding applications, as well as contracts with professional companies, and build local partnerships to realise a broad, high quality and sustainable programme that has a direct impact on the artistic programme and financial success of Harrow Arts Centre.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
• An understanding of the needs of diverse audiences and the barriers to participation
• Experience in managing and delivering arts participation programmes
• Able to make applications for funding and/or sponsorship
• Creative flair and enthusiasm for community engagement
• Ability to develop and sustain effective relationships with colleagues, clients and organisations
• Knowledge of education structures and the National Curriculum from Early Years to Post 16
• Flexible approach in working hours to meet the service needs
For more information about the benefits of working for Harrow Arts Centre please click on the microsite link http://www.harrowarts.com/
For additional information please refer to the Role Profile/ Selection Criteria.
If you have read the role profile and would like to know more about the role in Harrow Arts Centre please contact:
Kerry Blackburn, Arts Centre Manager at Harrow Arts Centre on 020 3773 7164 or email kerry.black[email protected]
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION
We particularly welcome applications from individuals under 25 years of age as they are under represented within Harrow Council at this level. Appointment will always, however be made on merit.