Public Speaking Coach, NCS The Challenge
Wednesday 22 August 2018
Salary: £150 per placement
Role Length: 1 day per placement (with option to work several)
Dates: Various dates between October & November 2018
You will run single day workshops in public speaking development, presentation skills and communication with groups of up to 84 young people (15-17 year olds), supported by their Team Mentors. The ability to quickly engage and build a rapport with young people will be key in this role!
This role is suitable for an experienced and confident public speaker who can learn and adapt a set curriculum for a diverse young audience.
- Run workshops in communication, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Adapt a set curriculum to suit a large audience with a wide range of needs.
- Ensure all young people in the group are engaged and included throughout the workshop.
- Build a positive rapport with the Senior Mentors and work collaboratively to engage and include all young people.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Extensive experience in facilitation and following set curriculums
- Experience of working with young people (preferably large groups)
- Experience of adapting curricula to be inclusive of the needs of all young people
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and build strong professional relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be adaptable and flexible at short notice
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt working style to different environments and teams.
- Knowledge of strategies to help young people build their confidence in public speaking
- Experience of working with diverse community groups
Please apply at: http://www.ncsthechallenge.org/staff2018/ and select 'Inspire'