Raising The Game 2021
Monday 31 May 2021
Raising The Game is NAYT’s long-running annual training event for Youth Theatre directions, practitioners and freelancers. Each year, we programme high quality workshops specially designed for artists who work with young people across the UK. They are open to facilitators of any experience to come together, learn new skills and take back fresh ideas to their practise.
This Raising The Game we have chosen the theme of collaboration and inclusion.
This year’s workshops will once again be held over Zoom. The link to the workshop will be sent out prior to the day. Each workshop has a limited capacity, however if there is enough interest we will offer more evening workshops. Each workshop will be recorded and held in the Member’s Area of the NAYT website until the end of August to allow attendees to write up notes.
It is our hope to make these events as accessible as possible, including a subsidised ticket price. If you have access requirements, such as a BSL interpreter or require live transcribing, please get in touch at [email protected].
Events and tickets can be found here: https://www.nayt.org.uk/events
Full Week (4 workshops)
- £48 for non-members
- £32 for NAYT members
- £15 for non-Members
- £10 for NAYT Members
Free webinars (donations welcome)
6th August 11am-12pm: Youth Theatre: Challenging the Old and New ‘Normal’
- Charlene Olaleye & Gemma Prangle, Strike A Light Theatre Company
- Roxan Kamali-Sarvestani, Talawa Theatre Company
- Irma Alimanovic Alihodžic, Sarajevo War Theatre
6th August: 1-2pm: Youth Theatre Now!: Voices from the sector
We would like to invite three Youth Theatres based in England, Wales or Northern Ireland to share a 10-12 minute talk about something they are particularly proud of, with a contribution of £50.
Feedback from our previous year's RTG Online included:
- Session was great - so informative, lots of ideas and links to develop knowledge and tasks. Really looking forward to following up the links shared and sharing it with the young theatre members and having a go at some of the exercises.
- It was my first time attending a 'Raising the Game' event and I would definitely want to attend again.
- I thought the events that I attended were incredibly well organised with really dynamic and knowledgeable leaders. And well hosted/facilitated on the day
- Thank you & everyone at NAYT for organising those amazing webinars. I left so so inspired. How wonderful & insightful it was.