Stagecoach Performing Arts Warwick - Early Stages teacher
Tuesday 13 February 2018
You should be creative, inspirational and able to deliver a varied and exciting curriculum of singing, dance and drama to children aged 4-6.
All applicants must be available between the hours of 9.15am and 10.45am on Saturdays during term time. Remuneration is paid at a rate of £51.75/session. We will be looking to expand our Saturday Early Stages classes, so there is a potential to build this work up for the right candidate.
The job role includes, but is not limited to:
- Delivering high quality singing, dance and drama lessons to 4-6 year olds, clearly showing progression over time.
- Working with the team at Stagecoach Warwick to plan and implement termly schemes of work.
- Preparing students for termly shows, exams and presentations, ensuring that students are set up to succeed at the highest standard.
- Teaching and building on students technical skills so as to provide them with a solid grounding in their own practice.
Person Specification (Essential criteria):
- A performing arts qualification or equivalent professional experience
- Experience planning and delivering successful performing arts lessons for children and young people, preferably within a theatre or stage school setting
- An understanding of the technical challenges children and young people might encounter in singing and/or dance, and the ability to work with students to provide the tools to overcome these challenges
- An affinity for and desire to work with children and young people
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team passionate about teaching and the Performing Arts
As this is a freelance role working with children, all applicants must be self employed and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and cv