Stagecoach Performing Arts Warwick - Performing Arts Teacher
Tuesday 13 February 2018
You should be creative, inspirational and able to deliver a varied and exciting curriculum to children aged 6 - 18.
All applicants must be available between 10am - 1pm on Saturdays during term time. There is potential to combine this role with a Dance Teacher vacancy at our Friday Stagecoach (4.30pm - 7.30pm) for the right candidate. Remuneration is paid at £72/session.
Please note that whilst we are seeking a Performing Arts teacher able to deliver lessons in all three disciplines, we are also interested in hearing from those with skills in one of more discipline.
The job role includes, but is not limited to:
- Delivering high quality singing, dance and drama lessons, preparing students for the commercial world of performing arts, clearly showing progression over time.
- Working with the team at Stagecoach Warwick to plan and implement termly schemes of work.
- Preparing students for termly shows, exams and presentations, ensuring that students are set up to succeed at the highest standard.
- Teaching and building on students technical skills so as to provide them with a solid grounding in their own practice.
Person Specification (Essential criteria):
- A performing arts qualification, preferably in all three disciplines, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience planning and delivering successful singing and/or dance lessons for children and young people, preferably within a theatre or stage school setting
- An understanding of the technical challenges children and young people might encounter in learning the performing arts, and the ability to work with students to provide the tools to overcome these challenges
- An affinity for and desire to work with children and young people
-Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team passionate about teaching and the Performing Arts
As this is a freelance role working with children, all applicants must be self employed and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please email [email protected] with your cover letter and cv.