Swindon: Prome Theatre - Drama Workshop Leader for Drove Primary School
Thursday 7 June 2018
Prime Theatre is seeking a practitioner to work 4 afternoons per week for the 2018-19 academic year at Drove Primary School.
Prime Theatre is Swindon’s only professional theatre company, specialising in work for children and young people. We are committed to working with a diverse array of artists, performers and participants to create incredible performances and opportunities for those in our local community and across the South West. We are a regularly funded organisation of the Arts Council of England and Swindon Borough Council.
Drove Primary School is the largest in Swindon, with 740 pupils aged 2 to11, 94% of which are non-White British or have English as an Additional Language. The school has an Outstanding OFSTED rating and has been awarded Artsmark Sliver. Drama is used across school to increase confidence, communication and language skills. The school has a small Deaf and Hearing Support Unit. Drove is a member of The White Horse Federation
Hours: Monday- Thursday 1.30pm-3.00pm
Salary: £1,500 per term (3 terms in this contract)
We are looking for:
- High quality theatre practitioners with experience of working with young people
- Able to work with all Primary ages
- Willingness to commit to a full academic year
- Creativity and positive energy leading to engaging and effective learning experiences
- Integration with other Drove staff to best support and develop and achieving learning outcomes for pupils
- - A consistent and professional experience for Drove Primary School
We are especially interested in practitioners:
- Local to the Swindon area
- With non-white British heritage
- With knowledge of British Sign Language
- With knowledge of Arts Award or Artsmark
Candidates should be willing to apply for an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please email Sarah Wrixon, Company Manager, [email protected] with a CV and covering note detailing your work, specialist skills and interest in this role. More information can be found at www.primetheatre.co.uk
Closing date: 18 June 10am
Workshop Interviews: 25 June 2018
Prime Theatre is committed to Equal Opportunities employment