West Midlands, Breakout Performing Arts - Singing, Dancing or Acting Teacher required
Thursday 19 April 2018
A Singing, Dancing or Acting Teacher is required to teach the students at Breakout Performing Arts on Wednesdays (4.30-7pm) and Saturdays (9-11.45am) during their allocated term-time.
Job Type: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £20-£25 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications, PLUS end-of-term bonuses.
Location: Queen Mary's Grammar School, Sutton Road, Walsall, WS1 2PG.
Start date: September 2018
Responsibilities and Duties:
Prepare and deliver exciting lessons, submitting term plans when necessary.
Teach children, from 3 to 16 years old, in your teaching subject, effectively. (The children will be in age-appropriate classes.)
Work and communicate with the other teachers, when necessary, to create strong performances.
Qualifications and Skills:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of professional performing arts training or performing in their teaching subject - as well as experience in teaching children and young people.
- A DBS check is required upon application (desirable on the Update Service). Breakout will provide a new, enhanced DBS check if the applicant is not on the Update Service. Your current DBS check will be used whilst your new one is being processed.
- Commitment, dedication and enthusiasm for the role are essential.
- Being friendly and engaging, in dealing with children and adults, is important.
- Skills in all aspects of performing arts (singing, dancing and acting) are desirable but not essential.
- Must be punctual, hard working and have good organisational skills.
We offer a competitive hourly wage with attendance bonuses – up to £100 at the end of each term. We support, guide and challenge our teachers as they want/need it and create a friendly environment to teach in. Breakout t-shirts and a hoody is provided free of charge as well as tea, coffee and biscuits whilst you are at the school.
Applications for both the Weekly Classes and Summer Holiday Workshop will be looked upon more favourably.
To be considered for this role, please send a full CV and an expression of interest to Rachel Hardway, Principal of Breakout Performing Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org