Thinking Differently: Creative Facilitation with Young People
Tuesday 13 November 2018
‘I learnt so much about conducting a successful session and lots of tools I can use within my organisation’ (Course Participant 2017)
This one-day course provides an introduction to a creative approach to group facilitation. It aims to encourage, develop and inspire those with responsibility to lead others through a facilitative process, be it for the purposes of team building, consultation, idea-generation or training. Throughout the day, we will be using a number of different interactive exercises and games in order to illustrate content. We will also look at group dynamics, communication issues and different learning styles in order to explore how these might be of impact. This course seeks to stimulate your imagination and send you home with ideas and examples of how to develop a creative approach to group facilitation within your own context.
· Creative practitioners working directly with children and/or young people
You will gain:
· New ideas/techniques and ways of running facilitation
· Knowledge to identify own strengths/weaknesses as a facilitator and ways in which you can develop
· A deeper insight into group dynamics, learning styles and ways of maintaining a positive constructive environment for all participants
· An opportunity to share experiences and learn from each other
· A useful selection of resources for further ideas/support
Helen Le Brocq specialises in devising arts projects that are irresistibly engaging to reach the most vulnerable young people, and in mentoring emerging young artists at the start of their careers in participatory arts.
£150 per person. This fee includes lunch, refreshments and a certificate of attendance for each delegate.
ENYAN newsletter subscribers receive an exclusive 10% discount - subscribe here.
For more information on our open courses please contact our Professional Development team via [email protected] / 02380 332491
*Read our course terms and conditions here.
Image Credit: Jason Pay