A quick overview of the background of our patron, Jeremy Newton:
- Currently Vice-Principal & Director of Advancement at Guildhall School of Music & Drama
- Previously Chief Executive of Children & the Arts
- Also a Trustee (and Chair of Audit Committee) of the Geffrye Museum and Trustee of Cambridge Live
- Previously chaired the boards of both English Touring Theatre and Youth Dance England
- Qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Coopers & Lybrand (now part of PwC) then joined Eastern Arts Association as Deputy Director, becoming Director in 1984
- Founding Chief Executive of the Arts Lottery Fund, the National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA) and the Louise T Blouin Foundation; and Managing Director of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts (RADA)
- Fellow of the Judge Business School, Cambridge University.