Performance for Equality project at The Roundhouse, London
Thursday 27 April 2017
Led by spoken word artist Indigo Williams and theatre director Laura Keefe, along with a collection of kick-ass female, feminist, transgender and non-binary artists and activists.
By the end of the project you will:
- Have been introduced to unique styles of performance and learnt more about spoken word, cabaret and theatrical performance.
- Have met and learnt practical skills from female, feminist, transgender and non-binary artists, gaining industry contacts.
- Have had a go at and gained confidence in writing and performance.
- Discovered new and alternative techniques which aren’t taught in mainstream ‘acting’ or ‘dance’ classes.
- Have showcased some of your work in the Roundhouse Studios
Do I need any particular skills or experience to take part?
No experience necessary.
Is there anything I need to bring or wear?
Comfortable shoes and clothes that are easy to move in, and a notebook and pen.
I’m not sure I can afford to take part…
If you need help to pay for things like project fees, transport or childcare, we can help. Find out how you can get support.
I have additional needs. Can I still take part?
We have places available on all our projects for individuals with additional needs. Get in touch so that we can discuss your requirements and do our best in supporting you.
SIGN UP HERE: http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/young-creatives/summer-2017/performance-for-equality/ Contact: Linda Bloomfield | Performing Arts Programme Coordinator | 020 7424 8471 (Ext 471) | www.roundhouse.org.uk