Slow Theatre, Norfolk – Manager, Musical Theatre Classes in Norfolk.
Tuesday 31 October 2017
The right candidate must be able to manage a series of large groups of children, plus act as duty manager to our team of volunteer workshop assistants and teaching staff.
The ideal candidate should have a good knowledge/experience of the theatre industry, especially musical theatre. They should also have a great level of experience and expertise in work with children.
Due to the nature of this role, candidates should have a DBS.
The right person:
• Experience of working with children in a creative setting
• Designated Safeguarding Officer or willingness to train
• safeguarding training
• Experience of managing strategic educational and artistic partnerships
• Ability to plan lessons
• A good understanding of children’s safeguarding and the referral process
• Ability to act as Director/MD during performances
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven track record in providing excellent musical theatre classes to children.
• Experienced in leading a team.
About the company:
Slow Theatre Company follows the ethos of the Slow Movement trying to take care of our journey as well as the final product. At Slow Theatre Company the ethos will be about cooperation, team building, and developing confidence, developing skills and performing at a high level.
Laughter, fun, concentration, bravery and ensemble work will always be central to the way we work. The right person will manage our classes in Poringland, Norfolk on Sundays and will be guarenteed a minimum of 4 hours of work from us per week. This may go up as we expand our Musical Theatre classes. This is not a full time position, and so the perfect candidate may have other work commitments which we will support. This is a good position for someone who has worked these types of classes for some time, and feels ready to move up.
This role will commence in January 2018 - £30.00 per hour
To apply, please email Justin Eade (Development and Projects Manager) [email protected] with a CV and cover letter